Classic blueberry scotch pancakes drizzled in maple syrup – you wouldn’t know they were gluten free.
- 200g of gluten free self raising flour (I am using Doves Farm)
- 2 tbsps of caster sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 350ml of milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 punnet of blueberries (approx 200g)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or low calorie greasing spray for the pan
- Maple or agave syrup to serve
- Mix together the sugar, flour, salt in a medium bowl. Create a ‘well’ in the centre and mixing continuously, gradually add the eggs and the milk. Whisk out any lumps.
- Prep your pan over a medium-high heat and lightly grease with the oil or low calorie spray.
- Once your mix is ready and your pan is hot, use a ladle to spoon some mixture into the pan. We find about 3/4 of a ladle is about the right amount for a scotch pancake.
- Straight after placing the batter in the pan, drop a few blueberries onto the mix before cooked.
- Cook until air bubbles start to appear on the surface and the bottom is golden, then flip the pancake to cook the other side.
- Once golden on both sides, serve immediately & drizzle with syrup of your choice.
Hope you love this recipe – happy pancake day!
[…] If you follow me on instagram you will have seen me post last years recipe – gluten free blueberry syrup scotch pancakes. See the full recipe HERE. […]