I love pancakes and have found eating gluten free, if you have the right recipes, you never have to miss out on the fun! My favourite filling might have to be nutella, but I won’t turn down maple syrup or the classic lemon and sugar too.
This easy, simple recipe will create a delicious large flat gluten free pancake, ready to roll, where you will not be able to taste the difference.
- 115g self-raising flour (I am using Doves Farm)
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- A pinch of salt
- To make the batter place the flour and pinch of salt in a bowl. Make a well in the middle and add the egg and half the milk.
- Whisk the centre, incorporating a little more flour each time.
- Once the flour is incorporated, add the rest of the milk and whisk well to make a smooth batter.
- Leave the batter to rest for 30 minutes. This lets the air bubbles work their way out and in the end provide a better texture.
- Heat a little sunflower oil in the bottom of a frying pan and ladel in a spoon of the mixture, coating the base of the pan in a thin layer by tipping it evenly around the pan.
- When bubbles appear accross the surface you can flip your pancake.
- Keep flipping and cooking in the pan until turning golden brown.
- Serve with the topping / filling of your choice.
I hope you enjoy this post & happy pancake day!!