Gluten free cookies with a deliciously soft centre, packed with almond and cherry goodness. You will never know these cookies are gluten free. After making my first batch of these I knew I was on to something special, I had missed the taste of an old school thin, yet gooey in the middle cookie. Think Subway and Millies Cookies style, you will love this gluten free version. If cherries and almonds aren’t for you, try choc chips, gluten free oat and raisin, raspberry or m&ms! See the recipe below.
230g unsalted butter (softened)
100g caster sugar
250g light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
380g gluten free plain flour
1 tsp xanthum gum
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp of salt
200g glace cherry halves
100g flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / fan 160ºC / Gas Mark 4.
- Cream together butter & sugars - for at least 2 minutes till light and fluffy.
- Gradually add eggs and vanilla essence.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, xanthan gum and salt.
- Stir in the cherries and flaked almonds.
- Use an ice cream scoop (to make large, even cookies) or a heaped tablespoon and drop onto lined baking tray (do not press down). Ensure they are spaced out as they will spread out during cooking.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until golden on the outside.
- Remove from oven and leave to set for 5 mins before transferring onto a cooling rack.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!