For those looking for the ultimate gluten free cookie, this is it. This variety is loaded with milk chocolate chips, but you could switch these out for alternatives – like M&Ms, oat and raisin, or white chocolate and raspberry.
This recipe makes quite a significant haul, approximately 16 large cookies! If you want a smaller batch, just half the recipe… but these do keep well in a sealed container.
- 230g unsalted butter (softened)
- 100g caster sugar
- 250g light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 380g gluten free plain flour
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 300g chocolate chips or chocolate cut into small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / fan 160ºC / Gas Mark 4.
- Cream together butter & sugars – for at least 2 mins till light and fluffy.
- Gradually add eggs and vanilla essence.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, xanthum gum and salt.
- Stir in the choc chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop (to make large, even cookies) or a heaped tablespoon and drop onto lined baking tray (do not press down), spaced out as they will spread out during cooking.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until golden on the outside.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for 5 mins before transferring onto a cooling rack.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!