These baked apples are simple and delicious. No fuss, they make the perfect dessert! These apples bubble down and become sticky and toffee like.
- 4 large baking / cooking apples
- 40g brown or muscavado sugar
- 20g gluten free oats
- 20g unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A handful of sultanas or raisins
- 200ml of water
- Ice cream, cream or custard
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Wash and core the apples and place in baking dish.
- In a bowl, using either your fingers, spoon or a mixer, combine the butter, sugar, oats, cinnamon and sultanas until you have a rough mix.
- Stuff each apple well with the mixture.
- Pour the water into the base of the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 35-40 minutes until golden and tender.
- Serve whilst warm with your choice of ice cream, cream or custard.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!