Minestrone soup is a combination of all your favourite veg in a tomato stock accompanied by pasta or rice. This is so simple to make gluten free and use up everything in your cupboards! See the recipe below.
- 1 litre gluten free vegetable or chicken stock (I use Knorr)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 100g gluten free macaroni (broken up gluten free spaghetti pieces works too)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 1 tin of cannellini beans (drained)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Henderson’s relish or gluten free Worcesterhire sauce
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Any other vegetables you wish to include – including greens, peppers, celery or potatoes
*Gluten free bread to serve (I am having the Genius good for the gut cob).
- In a large pan or dish with the oil, add the onion, carrot, garlic and dried herbs. Cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the stock, tinned tomatoes, puree, sauce/relish, pasta and lots of salt & pepper – bubble for 15 over a medium heat.
- Add the cannellini beans and allow to bubble for another 10 minutes stirring regularly.
- Season to taste and serve with gluten free bread.
Now is the season for delicious, hearty soups and this one ticks all the boxes.
Hope you love this recipe!