A perfect lemon loaf with poppyseeds for the most delicious and zesty cake. A fluffy and light sponge, you wouldn’t know it was gluten free!
- 100g unsalted butter (softened)
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice*
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind*
- 125g gluten free self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
*Note: Approximately 2-3 lemons are required depending on their size
- 250g icing sugar
- Water to mix (approx. 1-2 tbsp)
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Gas Mark 3. Prep and line a standard loaf tin.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Very gradually add the eggs, followed by the lemon rind & juice.
- Add the flour and beat well to achieve a smooth batter.
- Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 40-45 minutes until when a skewer is poked through the sponge, it comes out clean.