These simple greens are done with garlic and butter to create a beautiful and flavourful side dish with really minimal effort. See the recipe below.
- x1 packet of tenderstem broccoli, x1 packet of green beans or asparagus (or other greens of your choice – mangetout work well too)
- Knob of butter
- x2 fresh garlic cloves
- Salt & pepper
- 200g freshly grated parmesan
- Handful of gluten free breadcrumbs (just food process a slice or 2 of your fave GF bread) *optional for extra crunch
- Par boil your greens for 3-5 minutes until very slightly softened but not cooked through.
- In a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the butter and allow to melt (but not burn). ‘Bruise’ each of the garlic cloves by squashing them with the blade of a knife. Throw them into the pan and allow to infuse with the butter for 1 minute. Add the par boiled greens and grill (turning regularly) until crispy in parts and cooked through.
- Discard the garlic cloves as they have now done their job. Season with salt & pepper.
- Plate up and sprinkle with 3/4 of the parmesan and all of the breadcrumbs – pop them under the grill for a couple of minutes until the breadcrumbs are crispy.
- Remove from the grill and top with the remaining 1/4 parmesan.
This side dish goes perfect with meat, fish, or just on its own! Let me know what you think!