A super easy, no-bake chocolatey treat for the whole family to enjoy. Chocolate tiffin always goes down wonders in our house, my mama used to make these with me as a child, so it has always been a favourite of mine. See the recipe below.
MAKES 9 SQUARES
- 250g gluten free biscuits (crushed), I am using Morrisons GF digestives
- A handful of raisins
- 100g butter
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 220g chocolate for melting (I use a mix of milk and dark)
- Glacé cherries to top (optional)
- Prep and line a square or rectangle baking tin with parchment, approximately 15-20cm.
- Crush the biscuits until they resemble fine crumbs. You can do this in a food processor or in a plastic bag, crushing with a rolling pin.
- In a large saucepan, melt together the butter, cocoa powder, sugar and golden syrup until smooth.
- Mix the crushed biscuits into the butter mixture until coated. Pack into the base of your prepped tin.
- In a bowl over a pan of simmering water, gently melt your chocolate until smooth (you can do this in the microwave but I prefer to do it in a bowl on the hob).
- Pour over your biscuit base and top with cherries where you will be slicing them.
- Pop into the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, to set.
- Remove from the fridge and run a knife under hot water, before cutting into squares.
I hope you love this easy recipe & have fun making tiffin yourself. Do tag me on social media with your creations if you make it!