Easter is the sweetest time of year and if you are looking to whip something easy up in the kitchen this is the perfect family friendly recipe, with a few simple ingredients. These are crispy, sticky and moreish – a little naughty but oh so nice! See the recipe below.
- 50g butter (unsalted)
- 100g dairy toffees
- 100g white marshmallows
- 180g gluten free rice pops (I am using the Nestle Go Free range)
- x1 bag mini eggs
- In a large pan over a gentle heat, slowly melt the butter. Once melted, add the toffees and allow them to melt down too until you have a smooth mixture. Next, add the marshmallows and melt these in too.
- As soon as the ingredients are melted, add the rice cereal and mix together (the mixture will be stringy but that is normal). Continue to fold in the cereal until fully covered in the toffee / marshmallow mix.
- Line a square traybake or brownie tin and spoon in the mixture and flatten using the back of a spoon.
- Before the crispy cakes set, add a couple of mini eggs to each piece (where the squares will be after cutting).
- Allow to set for a couple of hours before cutting into even squares.
I hope you love this simple and easy recipe! Let me know which other easter recipes you would like to see?!