A mega simple recipe, packed with flavour and additional nutritional benefits, in that it is good for the gut! Genius Foods has created a range of pasta that is specifically designed to aid digestion. See the full range HERE. It is very common that we who have to eat gluten free, have a sensitive stomach or other gut related issues that need catering to. This pasta contains chicory root inulin, a naturally occurring prebiotic fibre that contributes to normal gut function – which is fantastic! See my recipe for this bacon, spinach pasta dish below!
- 1 box of Genius Fibre Fest or Protein Punch pasta (serves 2)
- 3 large handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
- 200g bacon lardons
- 150ml single cream
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- X2 handfuls of grated cheese (I am using mature cheddar)
- Salt & pepper to season
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- In a separate pan add the oil and fry off the bacon until cooked. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Drain the pasta and add the bacon & garlic to the pasta, the cream, the cheese and seasoning and combine well over the heat.
- Add the spinach leaves and allow to wilt down into the sauce.
- Serve whilst hot. Enjoy!
This recipe is also great with red onions, mushrooms or any other ingredients you wish to throw in!
I hope you like this recipe! Let me know what you wish to see next!
*Disclaimer: This recipe is kindly sponsored by Genius Foods. I only work with brands I really love and recommend! All opinions are honest & my own.