It is difficult to resist a homemade chocolate brownie. This recipe has to be one of my quickest and easiest to date (maybe with the exception of my family fruit cake recipe, see recipe here!). These have come out perfect every time I have done them – gooey and soft with an amazing flavour. They are not too rich or dense like many gluten free brownies, but are very light and moreish. I have to say these are the BEST gluten free brownies I have ever made and I promise, you won’t be able to tell the difference.
- 100g/4oz butter
- 150g/6oz cooking chocolate (milk or dark works fine, I often mix the two – double check it is gluten free)
- 100g/4oz gluten free self raising flour (I use Doves Farm)
- 200g/8oz sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1tps golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 6x8inch / 150x200mm baking dish with grease proof paper / parchment.
- Melt together the chocolate, butter and golden syrup over a pan of boiling water. Stirring often to combine the three ingredients.
- Combine together your flour and sugar, then beat the eggs and add it to the flour mix in a separate bowl.
- Once the chocolate mixture is fully melted, combine with the egg mixture. Mix well to get a smooth brownie batter.
- Pour the mix into the prepared dish. Cook in the oven for 30-35 mins, until you can put a skewer through the brownies and it comes out clean.
- Bring out of the oven and leave to cool. Remove from the tin using the edges of the parchment and cut into squares.
These are so easy and fun to make, making them a perfect midweek treat if you don’t have a lot of time on your hands. You can also add in chocolate chips or nuts for a little extra bite. They are SO delicious, so I am always excited to share this recipe.
Gluten free or not, you must give them a try!