Who doesn’t love a tasty AND healthy treat. You can feel like your indulging, without actually putting ridiculous amounts of refined sugar in your mouth (which I have to admit I am guilty of!). These raw coco balls boost your energy levels whilst being a great (and VERY easy to make) snack to have at home or on the go… and you don’t have to feel bad if you have more than one! I have seen many versions of these around but this is just my recipe and how I personally like them.
- 300g Pitted Dates
- 150g Cashew Nuts
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 Large Handful Raisins
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Desiccated Coconut (For Rolling)
- Place all the ingredients (minus the desiccated coconut) in a food processor and pulse for a few minutes until the mix is soft and starting to come together on its own.
- Roll into balls with your hands, you can make them as small or as large as you want.
- Next, roll in desiccated coconut and your done! I keep mine fresh by keeping them in an airtight container.
They are naturally free from gluten, dairy, soy etc and are suitable for vegetarians / vegans too. This is a super simple recipe and you’ll be surprised at how good they taste!