My obsession with mexican food continues! Quesadillas are impressive but surprisingly easy to make. Just because you are gluten free doesn’t mean you cant enjoy a quesadilla (or 3)! For this recipe I used chicken, but you can mix and match the fillings to your liking. I used BFree wraps which worked wonders in making these coeliac friendly quesadillas that will quickly become a dinner time favourite.
For the seasoning:
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Salt & Pepper
For the quesadillas:
- 3 chicken breasts (diced)
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1 green chilli (remove seeds)
- Grated cheddar or red leicester (at least half a block or 1-2 bags of ready grated)
- 6 gluten free circular wraps (I am using BFree wraps available at Tesco / Sainsburys)
- A small knob of butter (for cooking)
- Finely dice the peppers and chilli into a bowl, rinse and chop the coriander and add this in.
- Dice the chicken (fairly small as it has to fit in the wraps). Mix all the seasoning ingredients together and use to completely coat the diced chicken.
- Melt a small wedge of butter in a hot pan and add the chicken. Keep stirring until the meat is cooked all the way through.
- Add the chopped pepper mix to the pan with the chicken to combine. On a medium heat keep stirring for a couple of minutes until the peppers have softened ever so slightly.
- Turn the heat down on the pan and set aside, but keep warm.
- Heat a separate pan (I am using a ridged grill pan) until high. Taking a wrap, on one side add some grated cheese followed by the chicken / pepper mix, then another layer of cheese, before folding it in half. Having cheese beneath and on top of the chicken will work as the ‘glue’ to hold the quesadilla together. Transfer to the heated pan and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the cheese has melted and the tortilla begins to brown slightly on either side. Use a spatula to press it down in the pan, to help it keep its shape. Remove from the pan and slice into three even triangles.
- Repeat the process until all the mixture / wraps are used up. You can keep the quesadillas warm in a low temperature oven while you continue constructing.
- Serve with your favourite mexican sides! Try my guacamole, HERE
*This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own. You can find more of my gluten free recipes, here: http://katiebucknell.com/category/gluten-free/