Bruschetta is one of my favourite things to eat and it’s so simple to make. I LOVE Italian cuisine. We travelled to Italy quite a bit when I was growing up, and I just became obsessed with the food. Oh, and just because you are gluten free doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be able to enjoy it too! I have an avocado obsession at the moment, so I came up with this recipe which was simply delicious!
- 1 loaf gluten free tiger bread (I am using Udis. Another good brand is Marks & Spencer’s own)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pack of fresh tomatoes
- 1 avacado
- Half a small red onion
- Balsamic glaze
- Salt / pepper
- Olive oil
- Slice the tiger bread to about 1cm thick.
- Place the slices under the grill for a minute or so on either side until turning slightly golden. Watch them carefully so they do not burn (they will not need long).
- Peel the garlic, then rub them on each toasted slice. The garlic should go quite far, and you probably wont need to rub as much as you think to extract the flavour!
- Chop the tomatoes and avocado into small chunks and pop them into a bowl. Next finely diced the red onion and stir this into the mix also. Add a small dash of olive oil and season.
- Distribute the tomato / avocado mixture onto the prepared bread evenly and follow with another grind of pepper. You can use white or black pepper for this.
- Finish off with a drizzle of balsamic glaze over each piece.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know what your favourite cuisine is!