These naturally gluten free sweet treats are made with just 3 ingredients, plus a little extra chocolate of course! They are SO simple to make, meaning just about anyone can do it. See the recipe for these delicious peppermint creams.
- 300g icing sugar (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 egg white
- 2-3 drops of peppermint extract
- Dark chocolate for coating (a handful of squares)
- Beat the egg white (preferably with an electric whisk) until frothy and light. Gradually sift in the icing sugar, a little at a time.
- Next add the peppermint extract and mix again. Bring the mixture together into a ball in your hands – it will become more pliable.
- Roll out to around 1cm thick. Using a small cutter, cut out the peppermint cream shapes. This is optional, you can just roll them into balls in your hand and flatten if you prefer.
- Lie them on a lined, icing sugar dusted tray to dry out. This will take a few hours.
- Once dried and hardened, melt your dark chocolate. I do this a little at a time in the microwave, stirring in between.
- Allow the chocolate to cool slightly, before dipping your peppermint creams one at a time. You can do them fully or just half (or leave them plain!) it’s up to you.
- Leave to set.
If you like after eights, this treat is for you. Peppermint creams are great for on the go and are so easy to make with just a few simple steps. Give it a go!