These delicious muffins are the perfect Sunday morning bake, to fill your kitchen with that lovely ‘freshly baked cake’ smell. Packed with oats and blueberries, they are a scrumptious way to start your day. Gluten free and fool proof… try the recipe:
- 175g gluten free plain flour (I am using Doves Farm)
- 100g gluten free oats (more to sprinkle)
- 50g ground almonds
- 50g golden caster sugar (regular caster sugar is fine)
- 2tsp baking powder
- 200ml milk
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 punnet blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 190C, Gas Mark 5. Prep a muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Mix all the dry ingredients: flour, almonds, sugar, oats, baking powder, salt. In a jug whisk the egg, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Combine the egg / milk mixture with the dry ingredients to form a batter. It will have lumps in from the oats. Add more flour if the consistency is too runny.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill muffin cases 2/3 of the way up. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and if you poke a skewer through the sponge, it comes out clean.
You can freeze them & heat them up in the microwave too (they taste great warm). A quick win if you fancy baking on your weekend morning off.
Coeliac or not, this recipe will go down a treat!