Another for my ‘Summer Salad Series’ and once again inspired by my mama!! She makes the most incredible salads when we go on holiday and I just had to recreate some to share with you. The incredible flavour that comes from slow roasted tomatoes brings so much more depth to a standard salad… I love it!
This recipe is also vegetarian and vegan! But you can add in anything that takes your fancy, I have found this salad goes well with lamb kebabs or feta cheese.
I made a dark french dressing to go alongside and the sweet flavour worked perfectly.
- Green Beans
- Large Tomatoes
- Spinach Leaves
- Pine Nuts
- Olive Oil
For The Dressing
- 1 tsp French Mustard
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsps Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to a low heat, approx 140C / Gas Mark 1
- Place the tomatoes (sliced in half) facing up in a roasting tray with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Leave them to roast for 2-3 hours. The longer the better!
- Cook your green beans and asparagus as per packet instructions, but don’t let them get too soft – you want them with a slight bite.
- Blanch (place in ice cold water) the asparagus and green beans to keep their colour whilst cooling.
- Once cooled mix with the spinach leaves and place the roast tomatoes on the top, and sprinkle with a handful of pine nuts.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together well and drizzle over the salad.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
If you haven’t seen my other ‘Summer Salad Series’ recipes, you can take a look, here: