Next in my ‘Summer Salad Series’ is this delicious mayonnaise chicken, pistachio salad. This salad is inspired by the Pret A Manger Italian chicken salad, as the flavour combination was one of my all time favourites. So save your money and make your own, naturally gluten free version at home! Perfect for a summer lunch.
- Cooked Chicken (approx 100g)
- Tomatoes (sliced)
- Italian Salad Leaves
- Black Olives
- Pistachio Kernels (halved or crumbled)
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Parmigiano-Reggiano (Parmesan)
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Toss your green leaves together with oil and seasoning.
- Finely chop your cooked chicken and mix it with mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Roast the red peppers, you can do this yourself in the oven with some oil, or buy them already roasted.
- Slice the peppers / cucumber / tomatoes and olives and arrange on top of the leaves alongside your chicken.
- Finish with the pistachios, shavings of parmesan and another drizzle of oil / seasoning.
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do! Stay tuned for more in my Summer Salad Series!!