So now we are headed into Spring / Summer I decided to do a ‘Summer Salad Series’. Each with a different recipe to give some inspiration for some healthy and delicious salads. Some vegetarian, some not. So hopefully I can cater to everyone.
I love finding flavour combinations that work well together that you can throw into an easy salad. All whilst being naturally gluten free. If you too are coeliac or choose to be gluten free, you will find you probably eat a LOT of salad, so why not trying making each salad a little more exciting with a few new or different ingredients.
I also want this to be part of my ‘Like Mama Made’ series – my mum is the best cook I know, so all my inspiration comes from her!
The first recipe is for this simple bacon and avocado salad.
- Bacon strips (cured or fried)
- 1 Avocado
- Spinach leaves
- Rocket leaves
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tomato chopped
- ½ a ball of mozzarella
- Throw the leaves into a bowl and toss well with oil, salt and pepper.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone remove from the outer skin and slice.
- Chop the tomatoes to your liking and place with the bacon and avocado into the salad mixture.
- Top with fresh torn mozzarella and a grinding of pepper.
I hope you enjoy this post! Look out for more easy summer salad recipes & ideas coming soon!