Shoes can transform any outfit. How do we know this? Well, there is a reason we throw a pair of heels in our car, or a pair of flats in our bags. Footwear can determine if you are going for comfy casual or a night on the town. The best part is, you don’t necessarily need to change the outfit, just switch some flats for a heel and you are a good to go.
When summer hits, the shoe game changes. Not only can we ditch the socks but we can finally show off that pedicure we have had all year round! Be it wedges, sandals or flip flops it is time to show those toes. Not only does summer footwear look prettier, but it is better suited to quick outfit changes when we are ready to switch it up for an evening look. A staple for every summer shoe wardrobe is a reliable pair of comfy summer flats and a strappy heel, and you simply can’t go wrong. If you stick with neutral tones you can match shoes to every look, meaning you will never fail to find a suitable ensemble.
I am loving simple white flats at the moment. They are sweet and feminine and these cross strap mules from New Look are ideal from slipping on and off. They are durable while still elegant in appearance and they go with just about anything. An enclosed flat shoe can sometimes struggle to let the foot breathe when its warm and can even leave an unwanted scent over time (ew!), so I recommend an open flat that will last the duration and keep those feet looking (and smelling) fresh!
A tan strappy heel can be worn across the board, with an evening dress or skirt, or paired with a denim dungaree to transform into an evening look! This style shoe is a dependable must-have for your collection. Secure and comfortable, this is the perfect alternative to a pair of stilettos, keeping you up on your feet all night long without compromising on style.
Denim can be frequently found in my wardrobe, be it dresses, shorts, skirts or in this case dungarees. You can get your legs out and show a little skin without revealing too much, whilst still catering to the warmer weather. Cute and comfy, it is great to have a one piece which will lend itself to a variety of accessories and of course, shoes.
New Look have an extensive range of on trend clothing and are my go-to for affordable yet high quality shoes! Make sure you visit your local store next time you’re out shopping and you will see exactly what I mean, alternatively shop the full shoe collection HERE.
SHOP THE LOOK NOW:
- White cross strap mules (Now just £8.00): http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/white-leather-cross-strap-mules_503285910?productFind=search
- Tan block heel sandals (£25.99): http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/tan-ankle-tie-up-sandals_536037718?productFind=search
- Dungarees (£14.99): http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/denim/blue-denim-pinafore-playsuit_391493849?productFind=search
- Bandeau (£2.99): http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/tops/white-bandeau-_531619110?productFind=search
- Coral bag (Now just £9.00): http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/bags-and-purses/orange-mini-saddle-bag_517879880?productFind=search
- Sunglasses (£4.99): http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/accessories/gold-pilot-sunglasses_510629793?productFind=search
*Disclaimer: This post is kindly sponsored by New Look.