I had the pleasure of baking these delicious treats with my cousin and they were super easy to make, great for all the family and taste just as good without gluten! The tartness of the raspberry combined with the velvety chocolate is a winning combination. We decorated ours with a drizzle of white chocolate to make them look extra sweet, perfect served with a hot cuppa tea!
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 150g/6oz butter
- 150g/6oz caster sugar
- 150g/6oz gluten free plain flour
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 5 tbsp milk
- 1 punnet raspberries
- Approx 1 bar white cooking chocolate – plus extra for melting
- Preheat the oven to 190C / Gas Mark 5
- Soften the butter and combine with the sugar Beat with an electric whisk until soft and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the eggs and vanilla extract, a little at a time.
- Next beat in the flour and bicarbonate of soda, followed by the milk.
- Mix until smooth.
- Wash the raspberries and chop the chocolate into small chunks. Before combining to the mix and stirring well with a spoon to combine.
- Fill muffin cases three quarters of the way up. The mixture made approx 8.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Poke a skewer through one of the muffins, if it comes out clean they are done.
- Take out of the muffin tray and place on a wire rack to cool. Once cooled melt a little white chocolate and drizzle it over the top of each cake.
I had some extra help this week from my cousin Emma! She is a pro baker, I better watch out!!