Pasta is one of my favourite meals and the gluten free pasta available doesn’t taste any different in my opinion. This homemade pesto has a fresh, clean taste I just love. Combine it with courgette and tomatoes this is a great gluten free, vegetarian dinner alternative.
Another great thing is, you can always leave out the pasta all together with this recipe, and just make ‘courgetti spaghetti’ (it is all the rage at the moment!).
- For the pesto:
100g Grated Parmesan
Half a clove of garlic
6 Tsp Olive Oil
One large handful of parsley
One large handful of basil
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt & pepper
- Gluten free Spaghetti (I am using Sainsburys)
- Baby Plum Tomatoes
- 1 Courgette (peeled into strips)
- Optional: Pine Nuts
- Optional: Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- In a blender, combine the ingredients for the pesto and blend well. Add water to get the right consistency.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Add the courgette strips 2 minutes before the end time of cooking and drain both together. When draining, keep a small amount of the pasta water and put it, along with the pasta, back into the pan. Stir in the pesto.
- Quarter the tomatoes and add these in. I like to stir in some grated cheddar cheese for a little added bite, you can also add in pine nuts at this stage too if you wish!
- Finish in a bowl with a little parmesan on the top and a couple of basil leaves.
I hope you like this dinner idea as much as I do!