Okay after a little time off and a couple of changes, I have relaunched the blog under the name ‘Oh, K!’… take a look around and be sure to follow me on social media!:
Blog Lovin: bloglovin.com/blogs/oh-k
I thought I would get back into the swing of things with a few of my current summer holiday essentials, as it is that time again and after just coming back off holiday I know there are few things that I would not leave without!!
1. Hat – Protect your pretty little heads people! The sun is HOT so if you are wandering about in the blazing sun all day be sure to put a hat on and drink lots of water! Floppy hats are so cute and stylish, so why not?!
Just like this one from Accessorize, buy it here.
2. A Book – I LOVE getting lost in a good book. I have to admit, I don’t find as much time to do it during the week when I am at home / working etc. But holiday is the perfect opportunity to get back into it, so head down to Waterstones and pack a couple (I tend to rattle through them!).
This one is totally up to personal preference, but while I was away I read a book called ‘The Island’ and loved it – great summer reading. Find out more and buy it here.
3. A summer dress (or two) – I love little dresses for holiday, and its a great excuse to wear one! I usually take a couple so I have outfits sorted for a few nights away whilst I am there.
I picked this one up one from Misguided, buy it here.
4. A black and white bandeau – These were ideal to have whilst I was away. Sometimes after you have exposed your skin to the sun your bra can become uncomfortable to put back on in the evening and its better to let your skin breathe. A bandeau can be thrown under most outfits as a great comfortable and summery alternative! Make sure you get a couple of colours so you are prepared for whatever outfit you might choose to throw over the top.
You can get these everywhere, for really reasonable prices! I bought mine from ASOS, here.
5. Maxi dress – These have been the holiday craze for quite some time now and it is clear to see why. They are so pretty and come in a number of styles (varying strap design, colours, materials). They also cover your legs in the evenings from mosquito bites.
I am loving this one from Boohoo, buy it here.
6. Pegs (a weird one but trust me) – I had a real issue with sitting on a lounger by the pool, and if the wind picked up even slightly, my towel would blow over my head (haha), this is not relaxing and quite annoying when you are trying to read a book! So bring a couple of pegs to attach your towel to the back of the sun bed…. trust me, will make such a difference and its such a simple solution!
Get some cheap ones at your local supermarket if you don’t have some already! Here.
7. Leave in conditioner or hair mask – I have been using the Aussie leave in conditioner recently and I love it. It is great for bringing mostiure back into dried out hair from a day at the beach.
Stick this in your hold case with your mosituriser / sun tan lotion etc. Tip: Wrap those bigger bottles in plastic bags. You DO NOT want an explosion and any of your fave pieces to be compromised!
Grab the one I am using, here. I swear by it, it makes my hair so shiny and repairs those split ends!
8. Beach bag AND a small evening bag – Bring with you a beach bag for the day (get one with a zip pocket for your phone) even if you are just taking it to the pool you need a bag with your suncream, glasses, book etc. Then bring a clutch / small shoulder bag for the evening, for taking your purse / lippy. Again, go for a neutral colour so you can pair it with every outfit! Pack them inside each other in your case as a space saver.
10. Sandals – Show off your pedicure and get your toes out in some sandals. If you get a neutral colour you can pair them with any outfit, day or night.LOVE these ones from H&M, I picked them up before I went and got a lot of use out of them. They were a steal as they are reduced to only £6. Buy now, here.
10. Kaftan / Kimono – If its the middle of the day and you are at the beach, you want something light to throw on to go grab a drink or some lunch. You can get so many cute / colourful styles now. If a kaftan isn’t really your thing, there are some gorgeous summer kimonos in so many stores now which are a great alternative!
A couple of examples here that I love:
Kaftan, buy here.
Kimono, buy here.
Okay I could go on… but the rest are a little more obvious (razors, travel plugs, mosquito repellent etc!!)
I hope you find this useful and maybe you can pick up a couple of extra things when you are packing for your next summer holiday!
If you have any requests or anything else you would like to see from me, just let me know in the comments section below 🙂
PS. Here’s couple of shots of us at our friends recent summer wedding in Mallorca! It was the most beautiful setting!!
- Dress: Misguided – SOLD OUT. Buy similar here.
- Heels: London Rebel – Barely there chain sandals SOLD OUT – Still available in coral, buy here.
Buy similar nude pair here.
- Earrings H&M available in store. Alternative online suggestion here.